“Action without Vision is only passing time, Vision without Action is merely day dreaming, but Vision with Action can change the World.”
– Nelson Mandela
At St Matthew’s Catholic Primary School we live the values and teachings of Jesus, and are witnesses to our Catholic faith in all our actions. We are committed to the development of the educational, social and spiritual needs of our children, families and staff.
With St Matthew as our patron, we strive to nurture spirit-filled citizens who are committed to service and to seeking truth. We are an inclusive and multicultural community, where each person is welcomed, valued and supported.
Under the guidance of St Matthew’s Parish and building on the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, we are passionate about and dedicated to:
- Supporting families as the first and foremost faith educators of their children
- Valuing sacramental life as a gift given to us by Christ
- Educating the whole person so that they may come to a deeper awareness of self, others and the environment
- Preparing each child for their present and future life by providing the strong foundations needed for lifelong learning
- Implementing an inclusive and developmental curriculum which recognises each child as a unique person
- Providing a safe, secure and rich learning environment where children, staff and families are all encouraged to reach their full potential
- Being open, honest and positive in our relationships with one another